Monday, March 25, 2013

Book Shelf

Final count, 31 books. Not too shabby, averaged about a book a month for 2 years. The funny thing is I feel like I have read soooo much during this time, which really just reflects how little I was actually reading for leisure before my service. I intend to keep it up...

  1. The Healing Power of Psalms
  2. Living in the Light (2nd time)
  3. Me Talk Pretty One Day
  4. Happiness is an Inside Job
  5. The Mind of the Soul - Gary Zukav and Linda Francis
  6. Sputnik Sweetheart
  7. Skinny Bitch (2nd time)
  8. Wherever You go There you Are- John Kabat-Zinn
  9. Ishmael
  10. The way of the Peaceful Warrior
  11. If the Buddha Dated
  12. Child of my Heart
  13. The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire
  14. The History of Love
  15. All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes- Maya Angelou
  16. The five love languages
  17. I know why the Caged Bird sings- Maya Angelou
  18. The Four Agreements (3rd time) - Don Miguel Ruiz
  19. Poet of the Caribbean (musings of a global peacemaker)- Mama Lizzie
  20. Making room for the Caribbean Family in the Church- Lionel Richards
  21. Shadows of the Sacred- Frances Vaughan
  22. Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now- Maya Angelou
  23. The Giver- Lois Lowry
  24. Finding Inner Courage- Mark Nepo
  25. Naked- David Sedaris
  26. **Women Who Run With the Wolves***- Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D. (A MUST read for women when their time comes. This book READ me!!!)
  27. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks- Rebecca Skloot
  28. The Woman who Owned the Shadows - Paula Gunn Allen
  29. Were Mommas Tears in Vain- Richard Byron Cox
  30. A Woman's Worth- Marianne Williamson
  31. The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas (personal accomplishment, longest fiction piece I have read to date, yeaaaa)

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog... for some reason your named came to mind and I wanted to reach out to you. Not even sure if you remember me, but for a short moment we chatted, (Toya from NC). Anyways i hope this message finds you well.

    ReplyDelete