Sunday, January 27, 2013

24 months later

I remember it so well, preparing to leave... all of it still fresh : Cabins, laughter, tears, hugs, dancing, gatherings, food, packing, meltdowns, family,  cheese, all nighters with my bestie, friends,  cards, letters, goodbyes, farewells...a plane, then hello's. Now it is time for a plane and farewells again.

As I come up on 2 months remaining in this journey I find myself in a similar yet very different place. Really hard to put into words.  Sometimes I still wake up and  ask myself "Is this  my real life right now??" or I reach the top of a hill and stand in awe at the view ahead that I have seen 100 times yet still takes my breath away. I often think of how blessed I am to have experienced such beauty as a part of my daily life.

grateful, yet not attached. I know there is more for me to see, do and be.

So I seek to soak in all that this unique island and this wild experience has left to share with me.


The post I made 4 days before leaving:   4 days til departure - 2011




 
 
Outing when I first arrived 2011/ Botanical Gardens 2012

2 comments:

  1. imagine i am having the same awareness as i sit on the beach watching all the new trainees come down..in awe and wonder and i remember that was us...it seems so long ago...and just like yesterday. love you mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that has to be quite an experience seeing all the 85s come hang out around there. So long ago and just like yesterday,truth. Go easy on them :) Sending love to you darlin!

      Delete